Friday, October 10, 2008

A quick update

Nickolas went back to Children's last night. I had gone to Tiffany's because we were going to a friends house. When I got there they said they were taking him back to Children's. I held him for a few min while they got ready. It was so pitiful. He was crying and it didn't even sound like him. You could just tell he was so tired and miserable. He was having trouble breathing. I held him over the humidifier for a few min. I was trying all I could to sooth him..but nothing was working. I felt so helpless!! I just cried with him..I felt so bad. Tiffany put him in the bath tub with vapor rub soap..he loved it! He finally stopped crying. His eyes were so red and droopy. She dressed him and off they went! The doctor said he will have episodes where he has trouble breathing..don't be alarmed. He said he has the croup and it will work its course and he should feel better in a couple of days. They followed up with his pediatrician this morning. She gave him some steroids and told them he sounds worse than he actually is. Everyday he should feel better. Tiffany said the poor little guy slept all night last night and he doesn't feel like eating. I told Tiffany I don't know how she does it. I had never felt so helpless in all my life!! I was only with him for about an hour and they have been dealing with this for 3 or 4 days! I have realized that I may not be as strong as I thought I once was. :-) What has this baby boy done to me?!

No comments: